Caramelized Onion-Pear Pizza
- 1Â tablespoon butter
- 6Â cups sliced onion
- 1Â (10-ounce) Italian cheese-flavored thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1Â cup thinly sliced Bartlett pear
- 1/4Â cup (1 ounce) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4Â cup (1 ounce) preshredded pizza-blend cheese
- 2Â tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4Â teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 425Â°. Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sautÃ© 15 minutes. Place crust on baking sheet. Spread onion over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with pear, cheeses, nuts, and salt. Bake at 425Â° 15 minutes.
Fresh Pear Salad Greens
- Stilton or other cheese shredded or in crumbs
- 2 or 3 pears
- Red wine or apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil & Dijon Mustard and Salt and pepper
- Wash and drain greens Cut the pear in cubes.Mix well the ingredients of the dressing.(Vinegar-olive oil-mustard-salt-pepper).
- Cut the lettuce in a large bowl using hands in large pieces add the pear.
- Add half of the dressing.
- Add the stilton, the walnuts and at last pure the rest of dressing.
- Serve quickley.
Red Potato and Green Bean Salad plus Dressing
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- 1 1/2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes
- 3/4 pound small green beans, rinsed and stem ends trimmed
- 1 small sweet onion coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
Prepare Balsamic Vinaigrette. In a large pot over medium-high heat, steam potatoes until tender. Remove from heat and let cool; cut into quarters. In a pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans approximately 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp tender. Remove from heat and drain. Transfer bean to a bowl of ice water and let cool. When cool, drain and cut beans in half. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, green beans, sweet onion, and basil. Add Balsamic Vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: This salad will hold for several days and improves in flavor. You can serve the salad chilled or at room temperature.
Organic: Potato, Onion, Garlic,Parsley or Dill.
- new red potatoes
- tablespoon vegetable oil
- onion, chopped
- clove garlic, crushed, or florette
boil potatos 10 minutes. Saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until tender. Pour in broth & parsley; mix well. Boil. Remove Potato, pour sauce over, sprinkle w/ pepper. .
Carrot Raisin Salad
Carrot raisin salad is great to bring to a luncheon and is absolutely delicious! Just use a vegan mayonnaise to make this dish vegan.
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple OR mandarin orange segments, well drained (optional)
Use a food processor or a coarse food grater to grate carrots until you have approximately three cups.
Add all ingredients except fruit to a large bowl and stir until combined well Add fruite if desired and chill half hour to marinade the mayo(or veganaise) with the syrup. (may sub mayo for veggie mayo, and sub syryp with ??)
SPINACH, STRAWBERRY, PECAN SALAD
- 1 lb. fresh spinach, washed & dried
- 1 pt. strawberries, washed & halved
- 1/2 c. pecan halves, toasted
- 1/3 c. raspberry vinegar(I used red wine vinegar with natural jam whisked in)
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. sugar(I use maple syrup, turbinado or honey)
- 1 c. vegetable or olive oil(I usually use water with pwdred soy milk)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. poppy seeds
Combine dressing ingredients except the poppy seeds in a blender. Add the poppy seeds by hand. Toss dressing with spinach, strawberries and hot pecans. The hot nuts will slightly wilt the greens.
STUFFED PATTY PAN SQUASH
- 6 med. patty pan squash
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (7 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (2 oz.) jar pimento, drained
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 tbsp. chopped green onions
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 c. (2 oz.) shredded sharp process American cheese
Wash squash. Drop in boiling salted water; reduce heat and cook covered, 15 minutes or until tender, but firm. Drain and allow to cool.
Place squash, flat side down, on a smooth surface; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch shell. Chop pulp.
Combine pulp, corn, pimento, green onions, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon stuffing into shells. Place squash in a shallow baking pan, put enough water to cover bottom of pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle cheese over squash. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts. garnish platter with tomatoes and parsley.
Green Tomato Pie
- 1 pie crust
- 9 hard green tomatoes
- 2 large onions
- 1/4 cup butter or olive oil
- 1 pound Swiss cheese
- 1 pound muenster cheese
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)can use applesauce too
- bread crumbs
- wine or cider vinegar
Remove stem end from tomatoes and slice thickly. Slice onions and saute in or oil. Slice or grate cheeses.
Line 11″x17″ pan with some kind of crust.
Then make layers of bread crumbs, tomatoes, salt/pepper/sugar, cheese, and onions, starting and ending with bread crumbs. Sprinkle with vinegar, and top with crust or more crumbs drizzled with butter or olive oil. Bake at 375F till brown and bubbly.
Can reduce amt of cheese if you want.