I had to dig the potatos in the rain so they are xtra MUDDY, but, I put in separate sack for you.
We have the first and last of the Green Bell peppers and fortunately we still have tomatos.
The potatos from here on out will be Superior’s, they are very fluffy when baked.
**********I was surprised to learn that you are all still having trouble finding ideas for greens**I have some basic ideas at the very end after the recipes but email if you need help.**
My Basic Potato Salad recipe: substitute as you wish
1. Potatos, boiled until tender, then cooled(I boil with a few sprigs of Thyme and remove after cooked)
2. Onions or leeks , sliced and cooked with the Pots
3. Sauce: Veganaise(or Mayo), a dash of Red wine or balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, roasted garlice(or raw if you want), Paprika or Cayenne & your favourite mustard(optional)
4. GREENS: Rinse, chop finally and marinate in vinegar, and dried or freshe dill, drain and add to sauce.
Keep all chilled until potatos are cooled.
5. Combine cooled pots & onion(remove thyme sprig) with sauce.
6 slice any tomatoes(CHERRIES ARE BEST) and mix with all. CHIL AND ENJOY.
In the bags:
Greens : Malibar Spinach, Arugala or Mix(collard, Kohlrabi & Swiss Chard) *
Green Bell Peppers
In the bags:
Green Bell Pepper
GREEN BELL, ONION/LEEK, POTATO RECIPES:
EGG AND BASIL:
DILL & GREEN PEPPER RECIPE:
1. Soup: http://whatscookingamerica.net/Soup/BellPepperSoup.htm
GREENS ARE YOUR FRIENDS! A GREAT SOURCE OF ENERGY, PROTEIN AND THEY ARE GOOD:
1. In eggs
2. in pasta( raw or sauteed first)
3. Instead of rice, use greens
4. Instead of pasta, use greens
5. In soup, always
6. When making a Vegie soup base
7. Replace spinach with your greens
8. In potato salad , see above for my recipe.
9. Chopped and chilled on top of pizza after the pizza is cooked
l0. In potatoes: twice baked, mashed, potato pancakes or chopped ontop of baked potatoes(you may use raw or sautee first) I always sautee with garlic and onion/leek
ll. Particularly good in Cajun and Indian recipe
13. Greens in Marinara Sauce( Use your herbs and toms,leeks,onions, garlic and cook them all together)
14. Greens. lasagne
15.. Greens Quiche
l8. In the slow cooker with, whatever
l9.. Soup, with ginger, garlic and sesame oil plus whatever els.
Okay, I’m exhausted. Let me know if you need help with greens